Podcasting, Communication, New Media, Podcast Awards – Articles Round-Up
Did you know there are more than 150,000 podcasts available via iTunes?
Podcasting has really become BIG. It is one of the best ways to market online – whether it’s an online business or your services.
Here is a round up of some of the most insanely useful articles on podcasting. Hope you enjoy them!!
- Professional Podcasting: How to connect with your audience
- Maintain Viewer Attention from Start to Finish
- Professional Podcasting: Should you release audio and video versions?
- Professional Podcasting: Five Video Editing Solutions
- Professional Podcasting: How to Attract Advertisers
- Pat Flynn on Blogging, Podcasting and Why He Discloses to the World How Much Money He Makes Every Month
- Podcasting Resurrected: Are Podcasts a Worthy Form of Business Communication?
- Podcasting Guide: How to Do a Killer Podcast from Your Blog
- The Business Benefits to Podcasting
- How To Use Podcasting To Become Well-Known In Your Market
- Get Started Podcasting: Microphone Setups (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-vEvYIrjac)
- 7 Tips For Building Your Business With Podcasting
- Small Business Podcasting: 7 Tips to Grow Your Listener Base
- BBC News – How to improve your podcasting
- BlogWorld Expo & Podcast Pavilion - BlogWorld Expo in LA (November 3-5)
- PodcastAwards are ongoing – cast your votes today on PodcastAwards.com!
This may sound like a self plug (and it is!) but podcast transcription helps podcasters to – monetize, reach wider audience (hearing impaired and other readers), SEO and article marketing, guest posting, ebook publication, etc to name a few.
Results will vary – how big your audience is, method of monetization, how old your blog/website is, how popular your podcast is, etc. But it’s easy to see why podcast transcription helps. Audios are not indexed by search engines, text is. With your keywords mentioned over and over in your podcasts it’s easy to assume SEO benefits and free traffic from search engines. Easy to share and quote and link to and from blogs. Monetize with affiliate links and Adsense-like programs.
Recently a client had me transcribe his podcasts which were then converted to PDFs for his paying customers (membership site members) who perceive the PDF transcripts as premium products in themselves. Thereby adding more perceived value. Within the PDFs we also incorporated his affiliate links, logo (branding) and links to other articles and podcasts!!