Excellent Podcast Transcription Service: How to Find One
Every law firm, blogger, writer, journalist, real estate firm or company is spoiled for choice when it comes to choosing the right podcast transcription services company.
While there are hundreds of podcast transcription services companies to choose from, not all of them will meet your standards or your needs. That’s the truth.
Some questions that may arise when choosing the right podcast transcription company include:
- Whether you are willing and allowed (by law) to outsource (to a podcast transcription services company outside your country) or to use a domestic podcast transcription services company?
- Whether to use a podcast transcription company that employs only native speakers or not?
- Your primary reason(s) for hiring a podcast transcription company in the first place – whether to reduce cost, workload, stress, working hours, to enjoy a more work-life balance, get more work done, need more expertise in documentation, your required turnaround time (TAT), the level of expertise required, etc.
Before you hire a podcast transcription company, consider all the factors listed above and weigh your options. Below are a few tips to help you choose an excellent podcast transcription services company.
How to Know if its right for you?
1. A podcast transcription service that specializes in your industry.
There are podcast transcription service companies in almost every field. Choose one which specialized in your industry. If you are a law firm choose a legal podcast transcription company. If you are a blogger choose a podcast podcast transcription company or freelance transcriber. This will go a long way in your relationship with each other. The quality of their services will more likely be excellent. Besides, having an in depth knowledge and expertise in your industry, the podcast transcription may be able to add more value.
2. A reliable podcast transcription service company.
A reliable podcast transcription company means one which meets and exceeds your expectations in terms of quality, turn around time (TAT) and volume of output. Check if they can provide services 24/7.
3. One recommended by others.
A podcast transcription company that comes highly recommended by other firms in your industry or colleagues should be considered a potential partner in your business. A reliable podcast transcription firm with a good track record with past and present clients is rare but not impossible to find.
4. Reasonably priced.
A podcast transcription company should be reasonably priced for your business to utilized their services. You should be able to save cost.
5. Podcast transcription service that understands search engine optimization (SEO)
For online content producers, one thing that can never be overemphasized is SEO. A podcast transcription service that understands and implements SEO in the transcripts can go a long way in helping the ranking of its customers.
6. Podcast transcription service with a blog/site and understand online marketing and blogging, naturally.
Personally, I would be hesitant to hire a company that doesn’t understand the field(s) I’m working in. As a content producer that utilizes online marketing techniques, maintains a blog and uses social media I would naturally favor transcription company doing their own online marketing, blogging and social media campaigns.
How to find an excellent podcast transcription firm?
1. Ask around.
Ask others who have used podcast transcription services companies before for their recommendations and tips. Maybe they can even point you to an excellent podcast transcription company.
2. Search online.
Use the Google search and find your industry’s top most podcast transcription company. Contact them and see what they offer. How prompt they respond to your queries is an indication of their customer care services. Most podcast transcription companies have at least a week’s trial period for you to take advantage of. See if they are really up to their claims!
What about you?
How you do find a podcast transcription service company over others? How do you find one that meets your needs and expectations? What would you recommend to other looking for their first podcast transcription company to work with or one looking for a better podcast transcription company? Fire away in the comments!
If you liked this article, please share it on Facebook, StumbleUpon or Twitter. I’d appreciate it.